- Entertainment Weekly (Lisa Schwarzbaum) review
- Rolling Stone (Peter Travers) review
- The Wall Street Journal (Joe Morgenstern) review
- The Wall Street Journal (Joe Morgenstern) capsule review
- New York Daily News (Joe Neumaier) review
- NYPress (Armond White) review
- New York Observer (Rex Reed) review
- New York Magazine (David Edelstein) review [with PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES]
- The Star-Ledger (Stephen Whitty) review
- Movieline (Stephanie Zacharek) review
- Slate (Dana Stevens) review
- Hollywood and Fine (Marshall Fine) review
- New York Post (Lou Lumenick) review
- Christian Science Monitor (Peter Rainer) review
- The Nation (Stuart Klawans) review
Jun 26, 2011 08:04 pm
Amanda said: A
An absolutely gorgeous and haunting meditation. Fabulously edited and brilliantly shot, it's just like life, chaotic, fleeting and achingly beautiful.
Jul 05, 2011 09:22 pm
John said: A
Beautiful, intelligent and masterfully rendered. Not your typical, mindless summer fluff film. Go see it. Open your mind and heart and let it wash over you. You won't regret it.
Jul 22, 2011 12:07 pm
Hillary said: D
Shot beautifully, truly horrible otherwise! Short film about a family with a bunch of National Geographic and Imax type films thrown in to try to give it artsy flair and failed horribly! Lost me when the dinosaurs popped up.
Nov 13, 2011 03:43 pm
Maryn said: A
One of those movies you either "get" or you don't. If you like visually stunning arthouse movies, don't miss this one. Beautiful.
Mar 27, 2012 10:35 am
Brandy said: A
A poem about life and existence. Unutterably innovative, easily the most beautiful movie I've seen. I've never before been as moved by film.
Jul 16, 2012 02:33 am
AM said: D
I am trying to get through this movie but don't think I'll make it. Its like watching National Geo without narration other than occasional beatnik type poetic questions. More opera music than dialog, I don't get it.
Apr 28, 2013 10:53 pm
Betty said: C
C+ : Not my kind of movie...didn't get the overall meaning. I understood young Jack & father's distorted love/hate feelings for each other but couldn't get into the other mystic melodrama of the film.