User ReviewsRate it!
Critic ReviewsAbout the Graph & Metric
- RogerEbert.com (Matt Zoller Seitz) review
- Salon (Andrew O'Hehir) review
- Rolling Stone (Peter Travers) review
- Slant Magazine (Ed Gonzalez) review
- The Star-Ledger (Stephen Whitty) review
- Slate (Dana Stevens) review
- New York Post (Lou Lumenick) review
- Newsday (Rafer Guzman) review
- Vulture.com (David Edelstein) review
- Village Voice (Stephanie Zacharek) review
- IndieWire (Eric Kohn) review
- The Nation (Stuart Klawans) review
Aug 03, 2014 04:18 pm
John said: A
Great movie! Long, but so is 12 years.
Aug 17, 2014 02:58 am
Matthew said: A
This film just became a front runner for not only film of the year but probably film of the DECADE.
Jan 26, 2015 05:45 am
Howard said: D
See this movie. It has a lot to offer. But I could not get past the smug self-satisfaction of the filmmakers (before and behind the camera), pretentiously and paradoxically drawing attention to their supposedly understated style.
Feb 04, 2015 10:22 pm
dorothy said: A
Excellent movie showing the transition from an eight-year old through the middle school years and just into college. Deserves Oscar for best picture
May 19, 2015 05:30 am
Betty said: B
B+: Unique piece of film,one of a kind. The story was bland but the creativeness of the film-maker kept it interesting.
Aug 30, 2015 04:50 pm
Martin said: A
Everyone should take the time to see this. It has so much fun, difficulty, trouble and thought that we can recall or toss about (even regardless of our present status). Overall, certainly one of the very best movies I've seen.